We are looking for a Lead Maintenance Supervisor for our Austin, TX Community.
What's AWESOME about Ashford Communities...
- Our CULTURE focuses heavily on Teamwork, Trust, Fun, and Customer Care!
- Employees are rewarded and recognized for their efforts and performance!
- We offer real, deserved advancement opportunities!
APPLY TODAY to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Owner - Managed Houston- Based -Multifamily team! ASHFORD COMMUNITIES. Read about us on our website, ashfordco.com
The Lead Maintenance at Ashford Communities is generally responsible for completing tasks that ensure the community meets all safety standards and site appearance standards and that all apartments, buildings, equipment, and amenities are maintained in good working order. The Maintenance Supervisor participates in and supervises the process of preparing apartments for new residents, responding to and completing resident requests for maintenance, and implementing programs that promote a high level of customer service. They will also oversee and ensure the maintenance staff's work quality and perform all duties in compliance with all federal and state laws pertaining to the apartment industry, including Fair Housing.
This position reports directly to the Community Manager.
Education and Experience Required
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- A minimum of two years prior maintenance experience working in the multifamily apartment industry
- HVAC EPA Certification.
- Experience with Heat Pump HVAC is a plus.
- Valid driver license
- High School diploma or GED (or equivalent work experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a role model to the maintenance staff and creates a positive work environment by leading the maintenance staff in delivering and promoting excellent customer service and supporting the resident retention and maintenance goals of the community at all times.
- Trains, schedules, develop, and manage the performance of the maintenance staff to ensure the maintenance goals of the community are being met. Ensures that the maintenance staff complies with company policies and safety standards.
- Performs community maintenance functions as a working supervisor in the areas of electrical, plumbing, heating, and cooling systems (in compliance with EPA), painting, carpentry, masonry, and roofing and fence systems repairs.
- Performs any and all maintenance tasks required of subordinates as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure work quality and identifies maintenance needs of the community.
- Develops community preventative maintenance programs and schedules and ensure that the apartment community assets are preserved and in good repair.
- Schedules work, sets priorities, and assigns maintenance responsibilities in order to achieve site maintenance standards for resident satisfaction and efficiency.
- Manages the apartment turnover processes to ensure an adequate inventory of apartments is available to meet the marketing and leasing efforts of the community.
- Schedules subcontractors or assists in the apartment turnover process as necessary. Inspects all apartments to ensure they are ready for new resident move-ins.
- Follows company and community procedures for purchasing and storing maintenance materials and supplies. Develops an inventory control systems to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness in materials on hand. Stays up to date on vendor services, products and pricing. Sets up and maintains maintenance shop and storage areas that are clean and organized.
- Depending upon community size, may be regularly scheduled to respond to after-hours maintenance emergencies.
- Adheres to community standards for site appearance and curb appeal. Directs the maintenance staff and participates in maintain cleanliness of grounds, building exteriors, curbs, breezeways and amenities.
- Promote the company safety standards. Conducts monthly safety meetings and inspections in accordance with company policies and procedures. Reports safety violations immediately to the Property Manager. Acts as a role model in following safety procedures and utilizing all safety equipment as necessary.
- Complies with all administrative procedures. Reviews and completes all maintenance forms accurately and in accordance with established community deadlines (i.e. turn over cards, site inspection logs, service requests, pool logs, maintenance & cleaning checklists)
- Ensures that all routine lighting inspections are completed and burnt-out bulbs are being replaced as necessary
- Participates in mandatory training programs.
- Responsible for possessing and maintaining personal hand tools, reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper uniform.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with Property Manager, Property Supervisor, residents and subordinates.
- Proven abilities and proficiency performing maintenance in all of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair & replacement, roofing, furnace and air conditioning repair.
- Excellent supervisory and training skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to manage and lead a team to achieve maintenance and community goals.
ABOUT ASHFORD COMMUNITIES
Ashford Communities Overview: Ashford Video
Communities was founded in 1997 and with the vision to create "a place to belong" by building communities. We strive to deliver quality services to our residents and build resident engagement. This has provided Ashford Communities with a significant competitive advantage and a sound platform for growth.
The company currently employs 170+ employees and owns and manages 5,000+ residential living units across 23 communities. We have a proud history of operational excellence, financial stability, and management integrity that has resulted in a solid reputation in the market.
BENEFITS of working with Ashford Communities
Ashford offers competitive salaries and performance bonuses.
At Ashford Communities, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off. Here are just a few of the benefits Ashford Communities offers:
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Welfare Benefits
- Supplemental Benefits
- Live a little – on us. Full-time employees can enjoy living at Ashford Communities and take advantage of a discount on their rental rate.
- Ashford Continuous Education & Tuition Reimbursement
Ashford Communities is an equal-opportunity employer. The company shall ensure that decisions affecting employees are made without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. Ashford Communities Equal Employment Opportunity requires the commitment of every Property Manager and Supervisor. All employees are expected to participate in and actively support these efforts.