We are looking for a Bilingual Assistant Manager for one of your communities in Austin, TX
What's AWESOME about Ashford Communities...
- Our CULTURE focuses heavily on Teamwork, Trust, Fun, and Customer Care!
- Employees are rewarded and recognized for their efforts and performance!
- We offer real, deserved advancement opportunities!
APPLY TODAY to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Owner - Managed Houston- Based -Multifamily team! ASHFORD COMMUNITIES. Read about us on our website, ashfordco.com
- 2 years of experience in the apartment industry
- Fluency in English and Spanish
The role of Assistant Community Manager requires a high level of energy, a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives, and a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents and customers. The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for effectively assisting the Community Manager in the smooth day-to-day operational and financial administration of an Ashford community. They are specifically in charge of tracking make-ready units and spot-checking for completeness, purchasing, delinquency tracking, posting rents, and classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing, and resident relations for the community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accept rental payments and post rents to OneSite, prepare deposit slips on an ongoing basis
- Send the required notices on time as per company policy regarding collecting delinquencies from residents
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations for eviction hold agreements, promise-to-pay agreements, and evictions
- Prepare final account statement for past residents within 3 business days
- Provide accounting support to Management (Data gathering and analysis in preparation for Community Manager)
- Enter invoices (approved by the manager) on the same date as the invoice is received with the correct coding according to company procedures
- Create purchase orders in OneSite for office supplies, make ready and general maintenance supplies twice a month with correct coding according to company procedures
- Maintain Asset Tracking sheet every month
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office (permit processing, etc.)
- Oversees all phases of leasing from initial phone call to move-in to guarantee excellent customer service and consistency in qualification processes
- Assume the Community Manager’s duties/authority in the absence of an immediate supervisor in accordance with Ashford and community guidelines
- Complete comprehension of the TAA lease contract and all addendums.
- Create a list of units to be made ready on the Property worksheet in the 1st week of the month
- Monitor and coordinate the process of making a unit ready from start to finish with the help of in house team and external vendors, following the company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current and accurately verified, and entered into the computer from new vendors prior to payment being processed
- Monitor renewals. Distribute renewal notices 30/60/90 days in advance of lease expiration
- Manages resident relations, which includes promptly and professionally attending to residents’ questions and concerns.
- Keep track of resident referrals. Make sure resident referrals are properly requested following company policy in a timely manner and distributed to the referring residents
- Assist in planning all resident functions. Attendance and participation in hosting in a minimum of (1) per month as directed by the Community Manager
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules
- Have a working knowledge of OneSite, Facilities+, Bluemoon, and Funnel CRM
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times
- Follows company procedures regarding safety and emergencies
- Assists with resident functions as needed
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in the multifamily industry
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred, or relevant equivalent experience in a related field
- Self-motivated results driven with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Superior customer service skills, including the ability to manage difficult situations
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, planning, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Competence in the operation of telephone, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office, and Google docs including Word, Google Docs, Excel, Google Sheets, and community software (OneSite, Facilities+, Bluemoon Forms, Asana, Community Boss, Gatewise, ILM) and knowledge of Internet, Email and Social Media as it pertains to marketing of community
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to close a sale
- Verbal, math, and reasoning skills
- Ability to follow oral directions
- Perform and complete tasks despite frequent interruptions
- Flexibility with work schedule to include the ability to work extended hours on a periodic basis
- Must be willing to travel and assist at other Ashford Communities as needed
- Valid driver’s license
Ashford Communities is an equal-opportunity employer. The company shall ensure that decisions affecting employees are made without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. Ashford Communities Equal Employment Opportunity requires the commitment of every Property Manager and Supervisor. All employees are expected to participate in and actively support these efforts.