Want to Grow Prosperously?
- Competitive Salary Offered
- Monthly Bonus Offered
- Rent discount for living on-site (Up to 50%)
Want to Grow Professionally?
- Continuous Training in Maintenance
- Certified training for all team members
- Personal coaching offered
- Large portfolio of 18 properties with 16 in Houston, providing opportunities to learn from peers.
Want to Grow Personally?
- Great career advancement opportunities
- Owner managed and company is growth mode with acquisition of 3-4 properties per year. This provides stability and growth for high performing employees
- Great vacation and benefits package with medical, dental and vision coverage
APPLY TODAY to be a part of one of the fastest growing Owner - Managed Houston- Based -Multifamily team! ASHFORD COMMUNITIES. Read about us on our website, ashfordco.com
Ashford Communities is currently looking for Maintenance Supervisor for one of our communities in Southwest Houston.
The Maintenance Supervisor at Ashford Communities is generally responsible for completing tasks that ensure the community meets all safety standards, site appearance standards and that all apartments, buildings, equipment and amenities are maintained in good working order. The Maintenance Supervisor participates in and supervises the process of preparing apartments for new residents, responding to and completing resident requests for maintenance and implements programs that promote a high level of customer service. They will also oversee and ensure work quality of the maintenance staff and performs all duties in compliance with all federal and state laws pertaining to the apartment industry including Fair Housing.
This position reports directly to the Community Manager.
Education and Experience Required
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- A minimum of two years prior maintenance experience working in multifamily apartment industry
- HVAC EPA Certification.
- Experience with Heat Pump HVAC is a plus.
- Valid driver license
- High School diploma or GED (or equivalent work experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a role-model to the maintenance staff and creates a positive work environment by leading the maintenance staff in delivering and promoting excellent customer service and supporting the resident retention and maintenance goals of the community at all times.
- Trains, schedules, develop and manage the performance of the maintenance staff to ensure the maintenance goals of the community are being met. Ensures that the maintenance staff complies with company policies and safety standards.
- Performs community maintenance functions as a working supervisor in the areas of electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling systems (in compliance with EPA), painting, and carpentry, masonry, and roofing and fence systems repairs.
- Performs any and all maintenance tasks required of subordinates as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure work quality and identifies maintenance needs of community.
- Develops community preventative maintenance programs and schedules and ensures that the apartment community assets are preserved and in good repair.
- Schedules work, set priorities, and assigns maintenance responsibilities in order to achieve site maintenance standards for resident satisfaction and efficiency.
- Manages the apartment turnover processes to ensure an adequate inventory of apartments is available to meet the marketing and leasing efforts of the community.
- Schedules subcontractors or assists in the apartment turnover process as necessary. Inspects all apartments to ensure they are ready for new resident move-ins.
- Follows company and community procedures for purchasing and storing maintenance materials and supplies. Develops an inventory control systems to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness in materials on hand. Stays up to date on vendor services, products and pricing. Sets up and maintains maintenance shop and storage areas that are clean and organized.
- Depending upon community size, may be regularly scheduled to respond to after-hours maintenance emergencies.
- Adheres to community standards for site appearance and curb appeal. Directs the maintenance staff and participates in maintain cleanliness of grounds, building exteriors, curbs, breezeways and amenities.
- Promote the company safety standards. Conducts monthly safety meetings and inspections in accordance with company policies and procedures. Reports safety violations immediately to the Property Manager. Acts as a role model in following safety procedures and utilizing all safety equipment as necessary.
- Complies with all administrative procedures. Reviews and completes all maintenance forms accurately and in accordance with established community deadlines (i.e. turn over cards, site inspection logs, service requests, pool logs, maintenance & cleaning checklists)
- Ensures that all routine lighting inspections are completed and burnt-out bulbs are being replaced as necessary
- Participates in mandatory training programs.
- Responsible for possessing and maintaining personal hand tools, reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper uniform.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with Property Manager, Property Supervisor, residents and subordinates.
- Proven abilities and proficiency performing maintenance in all of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair & replacement, roofing, furnace and air conditioning repair.
- Excellent supervisory and training skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to manage and lead a team to achieve maintenance and community goals.
ABOUT ASHFORD COMMUNITIES
Ashford Communities Overview: Ashford Video
Communities was founded in 1997 and has as vision to create "a place to belong" by building communities. We strive to deliver quality services to our residents and build resident engagement. This has provided Ashford Communities a significant competitive advantage and a sound platform for growth.
The company currently employs 140 employees and owns and manages 4,700 residential living units across 18 communities. We have a proud history of operational excellence, financial stability, and management integrity that has resulted in a solid reputation in the market.
BENEFITS of working with Ashford Communities
At Ashford Communities, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off. Here are just a few of the benefits Ashford Communities offers:
- Competitive salary
- Commission (based on leasing performance of leasing staff)
- Personal and Professional Growth - Coaching/ Training/ Mentoring/ Participation in courses and certifications
- Onsite housing discount (50% at the same community where you work)
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Personal Days/ Sick Days
- Health, Eye and Dental Insurance
- Significant Career Growth opportunities