Ashford Communities is looking for a Regional Property Manager for a portfolio of multifamily residential properties in Houston, TX area.
ABOUT ASHFORD COMMUNITIES
Ashford Communities Overview: Ashford Introduction Video Link
Ashford Communities was founded in 1997 and has as vision to create "a place to belong" by building communities. We strive to deliver quality services to our residents and build resident engagement. This has provided Ashford Communities a significant competitive advantage and a sound platform for growth.
The company currently employs 140 employees and owns and manages 4,700 residential living units across 18 communities. We have a proud history of operational excellence, financial stability, and management integrity that has resulted in a solid reputation in the market.
Regional Property Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the physical asset and maximizing the returns from the asset in accordance with the Company's mission, vision, and objectives.
- Responsible for training and development of all personnel assigned, either directly or through others.
- Supervises all on-site personnel at properties assigned.
- Maintains relationships with peers and all other departments within the company.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and others serving the Company or the property.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position.
Maintaining the physical asset—
- Supervises employees and contractors.
- Assures adherence to specifications (contractual; operations manual).
- Conducts formal site inspections of building interior and exterior.
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Ensures observance of safety regulations.
Marketing and leasing—
- Supervises leasing personnel.
- Regularly evaluates market conditions and property comparables.
- Develop and Implements marketing plan.
- Periodically reviews rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs. Rent management—
- Supervises rent collection in accordance with policies and procedures manual.
- Approves and monitors rental rate recommendations for new leases and renewals based on current market information.
Financial reporting and control—
- Reviews and helps develop annual property management plan and operating budget.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports (income statement and cash flow statements).
- Complete monthly financial review with variances to ensure the region’s communities meet established operational and financial goals.
- Approves payments (payroll, purchase orders, invoices).
- Plan and recommend capital improvements with supporting data analysis and ROI calculations.
- Approves expenditures in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
Business development -
- Perform due diligence and analysis for new acquisition candidates.
- Assist with property disposition, meeting lender requirements and/or other support to the region.
- Handles employee selection, hiring, training, and control, and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Ensures property files and records are maintained.
- Continually improves management and technical skills.
- Spends agreed-upon percentage of time on obtaining market knowledge, community relations, and asset evaluation.
- Minimum of five years experience at on-site and supervisory levels.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in real estate or business.
- CPM, CAM, RMP, or CMCA Certifications are preferred but not required
- Strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Attentive to detail.
BENEFITS of working with Ashford Communities
Ashford offers competitive salaries and annual bonus
At Ashford Communities, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off. Here are just a few of the benefits Ashford Communities offers:
- Competitive salary
- Performance Bonus
- Personal and Professional Growth - Coaching/ Training/ Mentoring/ Participation in courses and certifications
- Onsite housing discount
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Personal Days/ Sick Days
- Health, Eye and Dental Insurance
- Significant Career Growth opportunities